it's what interests ME!

It's what interests ME!

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Gentle Giant...

I was looking out my back window to the woods one day last week...seeing if any of the grass is growing in the spots where we took down some trees. And I saw this thing in one of the little trees in the woods....I'm like "is that a bird, stuck in the branch?"  I had to go out and see, yes it was a bird. I came in to get my Michael to help to see if we could get him loose without hurting him.





as you can see in the picture the bird was impaled in the thorn branch. We had to use scissors to cut the thorn branch. We got him loose, but he was bleeding bad and he would/could not fly.



we had to leave him alone for a couple of hours to see if he would survive..Michael checked on him and unfortunately he succumbed to his injuries...Micheal put him in a small box and buried him...he is kind like that... 

4 comments:

  1. Gentle Giant, indeed! Too bad you weren't successful but there's no telling how long the little fella had been "stuck" and how much internal dammage it had suffered. Still, your intervention did give it a far more peaceful death. That's pretty much all we can ask for sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John...is that a picture of your "baby"? oh what a cutie, boy or girl? We have two boxer girls, love them like they are our kids...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Maria! Yes, that's Max. He's a rescue that I adopted when he was about 7 weeks old; his 4th anniversary is next week. He was supposed to be a boxer-beagle mix and about 40 lbs. Well, he's half-boxer, allright, but at 80 lbs, he's no beagle! He does have hound in him -- he'll bay and follow a scent trail. He's got all of a boxer's playfulness and is every bit as lovable. How old are your girls?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I recognized some boxer in him...We rescued Starr when she was 6 mos, the people didn't want her any more and they gave her back to the breeder, a local girl in town, she called us cause she knew we loved the breed so much, WOW! was she a handful, but her saving grace was that she was sooooo potty trained (probably from submission, poor thing) but she is 7 now and than we have the cRaZy baby Zuzu (named after the little girl in the CHRISTmas "It's a Wonderful Life" she is a year old...so stinkin cute, they really have my heart those animals...

    ReplyDelete